[GRASS-PSC] How to modify module folder content in SVN

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Sat Jun 20 09:24:57 PDT 2015

Hi Eva,

On Sat, Jun 20, 2015 at 8:41 AM, Eva Stopková <eva.stopkova at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I would like to ask you for advice.
>
> I have just commited new versions of modules *v.kriging* and *v.nnstat*
> (this commit is incomplete because of the issue described below). But now
> there are pairs of the source codes in C and in C++ in SVN - I replaced
> *kd-tree* (from PCL library) by *R-tree* (which is implemented in GRASS
> GIS) so I also switched back from C++ to C.

Great news! This means that both are now easily usable for all users
without any special effort. Would you like to do the announcement on
grass-user mailing list? (In case you are not subscribed, I can send it for
you.)

> Is it possible in some way to backup older C++ versions including
> changesets in the module folder in SVN?

The previous version is saved in the Subversion repository. You can view it
online using Trac, for example state of v.nnstat at r62698 is here:

https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass-addons/grass7/vector/v.nnstat?rev=62698

All the changes in the given file or directory are also available through
Trac (@number will take you to the state at that revision, the gearwheel to
the changeset). This is log for v.nnstat:

https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/log/grass-addons/grass7/vector/v.nnstat

You can do the same in the command line using svn commands. This will take
you to the given revision:

svn update -r 62698

and this will give you the last ten commits (newest first, l for limit):

svn log -l 10

Bottom line is that once you committed something it stays there, so you can
safely remove it (svn rm) or rename it (svn mv) and change it but the old
version with all the changes stays in Subversion repository.

I hope this is be enough information for what you need.

Vaclav

PS: grass-dev is the right mailing list to ask this type of question,
grass-psc is for more official things, although the information that we
don't need to use large dependency like PCL library in order to implement
advanced point analysis modules is relevant even for PSC members.

Thank you in advance for your answers.