[GRASS-PSC] budget request

Helena Mitasova hmitaso at ncsu.edu
Wed Dec 7 15:08:43 PST 2016

Dear PSC,

OSGeo board is working on a 2017 budget and we ask every committee and every project
to provide a budget request - in the past this was mostly for code sprints. There is no guarantie
that the request will be fully funded (as OSGeo plans for a major, professional redesign of its website),
but it would be good to know what the project needs are and I am sure that at least some
funding will be possible.

A simple request will be fine - e.g.
$XXX for code sprint after FOSS4G Europe and $XXX for code sprint after FOSS4G Global in Boston.
$XXX to print GRASS GIS flyers for upcoming conferences

We need this info this week - perhaps we can decide tomorrow (Thursday)?

This reminds me that we still do not have the working groups / PSC member responsibilities set up,
so please sign up here
https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/PSC/Roles <https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/PSC/Roles>

We are in particular need for treasurer to handle this request.

Thank you, Helena