[GRASS-PSC] funding community meeting in San Michele February 2016

Margherita Di Leo diregola at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 05:41:17 PST 2016

On Thu, Feb 18, 2016 at 11:58 AM, Martin Landa <landa.martin at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,

> > I have no objection. Whenever possible, I would like to see advertised
> > community sprint events beforehand also in user and dev ML, so that other
> > people can decide to join.
>
> I agree with that. See [1] ("Send the URL of the new page to the
> GRASS-PSC mailing list (requires subscription to post there). Do that
> at least 2 weeks before the meeting starts"). In this case we could do
> last exception (since the procedure is still in progress, see [1]).
> What do you think? Thanks, Martin
>
> [1] https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Community_Sprint_Funding

Thank you Martin. I think I was misunderstood here. My comment wasn't
related to funding request, rather  making a point on good practice when
organising community events, whether or not asking funding. For the event
in object, Markus already clarified that is a special situation, and sounds
good to me. For the records I want to clarify what I meant.
I think it's important that when a community event is organised, it's
advertised in the ML, and in the wiki page there is clear information on
how to join and possibly how to interact from remote, making it clear that
everyone who wish to contribute is welcome. I understand that in some cases
it's unlikely that more people will join. However, this makes important
difference to people who read it, because is a sign that GRASS project is
open for everyone to join and contribute, and moreover is in continuous
development. I have always appreciated the GRASS community for being
inclusive. And showing transparently what is going on during community
sprints would also attract more sponsorship when needed.

My 2c

--
Margherita Di Leo