[GRASS-PSC] GRASS PSC elections in 2016

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Sat May 14 08:34:48 PDT 2016

Dear PSC,

time has passed since the last elections in 2012. As the chair of the
PSC I suggest that we renew part of the current PSC (see:
https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/PSC#Members).
I suggest the following tentative schedule:

- May 2016: preannounce elections (see this email) and
  - identify members who do not stand for election
  - identify inactive members (here the Geoserver PSC has some useful rules [1]
  - assign free'd up slots to election

- May 2016: officially announce PSC elections

- 16 June 2016, 12:00 UTC: nominations possible by community

- June 2016: elections (here it would be great use the technology of
the OSGeo charter member elections)
  Here we have the problem to not have a charter membership.

- July 2016: PSC communicates the new members.

IMPORTANT:
We need to solve the following issues:
- how to remove members from the PSC? (see [1] for inspiration)
- how to elect new members?

Best,
Markus

[1] http://docs.geoserver.org/latest/en/developer/policies/psc.html#stepping-down