[GRASS-PSC] GRASS GIS Budget 2019 - draft

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Tue Dec 18 12:54:48 PST 2018

Hi PSC,

I have drafted a new Wiki page at
https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_GIS_Budget_2019

... to be done in the Wiki page:
- what is the surplus of 2018? (Martin or Moritz?) - please add
- since 2016, we have some offlist we-need-a-new-web-site discussion
(see below), some figure added
- decide about community sprint in Bucarest at FOSS4G (a no-brainer I think :-)
- decide about other sprints throughout the year
- your ideas

Proposal: Web site update

For years we have a CMS with a style which does not really support
mobile devices. Furthermore, it looks a bit old fashioned etc.

Nicolas Boson (who has ample experience in creating OSGeo related Web
sites and recently the symbol set etc) offers to redesign the site.
In our offlist discussion we came up with the idea to switch to
markdown etc. This could all be discussed in a separate email thread.

Overall, time to prepare the budget. We may ask OSGeo for financial
support here.

Please post your thoughts.

Best,