[GRASS-PSC] GRASS GIS Budget 2019 - draft

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Wed Dec 19 06:07:03 PST 2018

On 18/12/18 21:54, Markus Neteler wrote:
> Hi PSC,
>
> I have drafted a new Wiki page at
> https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_GIS_Budget_2019
>
> ... to be done in the Wiki page:
> - what is the surplus of 2018? (Martin or Moritz?) - please add

The current amount in the bank account is 1159,61€, but I think Martin
has never been reimbursed for the 2018 Sprint as I never received the
bank account info.

I don't know if the amount on the bank account is to be considered a
"surplus". For that we would need the detailed accounts of 2018, not
only the planned expenses as currently in [1].

Looking at what we had left at the end of 2017 (1592,85€ according to
[1]), this would mean that we actually have a negative balance of
1159,61€ - 1592,85€ = −433,24€, if what is on the bank account is all
that is left (i.e. no other sums lying somewhere else).

> - since 2016, we have some offlist we-need-a-new-web-site discussion
> (see below), some figure added
> - decide about community sprint in Bucarest at FOSS4G (a no-brainer I think :-)
> - decide about other sprints throughout the year

I think a second sprint somewhere in February/March would be nice. Is
there a general OSGeo Sprint planned again ? If the information in the
"Planned expenses" table in [1] is correct, we should probably aim at
something like 2500-3000€ if this is possible.

> - your ideas
>

> Proposal: Web site update
>
> For years we have a CMS with a style which does not really support
> mobile devices. Furthermore, it looks a bit old fashioned etc.
>
> Nicolas Boson (who has ample experience in creating OSGeo related Web
> sites and recently the symbol set etc) offers to redesign the site.
> In our offlist discussion we came up with the idea to switch to
> markdown etc. This could all be discussed in a separate email thread.

Sounds good. Is he willing to do this for free or should we try to raise
some money in the community to finance this ?

> Overall, time to prepare the budget. We may ask OSGeo for financial
> support here.

I think the main support would be for travelling costs to sprints.

Moritz

[1] https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_GIS_Budget_2018.