[GRASS-PSC] GRASS GIS Budget 2019 - draft

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Sat Dec 22 05:56:11 PST 2018

Hi,

Am Mi., 19. Dez. 2018, 15:07 hat Moritz Lennert <
mlennert at club.worldonline.be> geschrieben:

> On 18/12/18 21:54, Markus Neteler wrote:
> > Hi PSC,
> >
> > I have drafted a new Wiki page at
> > https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_GIS_Budget_2019
> >
> > ... to be done in the Wiki page:
> > - what is the surplus of 2018? (Martin or Moritz?) - please add
>
> The current amount in the bank account is 1159,61€, but I think Martin
> has never been reimbursed for the 2018 Sprint as I never received the
> bank account info.

Ouch?
I guess I have it somewhere.

I don't know if the amount on the bank account is to be considered a
> "surplus". For that we would need the detailed accounts of 2018, not
> only the planned expenses as currently in [1].

@Martin: could you let us know please?

Looking at what we had left at the end of 2017 (1592,85€ according to

[1]), this would mean that we actually have a negative balance of
> 1159,61€ - 1592,85€ = −433,24€, if what is on the bank account is all
> that is left (i.e. no other sums lying somewhere else).

Mhh, that's surprising. I was convinced so far that we do not have debits.
We requested budget support by OSGeo to avoid any debits.

> - since 2016, we have some offlist we-need-a-new-web-site discussion
> > (see below), some figure added
> > - decide about community sprint in Bucarest at FOSS4G (a no-brainer I
> think :-)
> > - decide about other sprints throughout the year
>
> I think a second sprint somewhere in February/March would be nice. Is
> there a general OSGeo Sprint planned again ?

I'm not yet informed but if not I'll suggest it :)

If the information in the
> "Planned expenses" table in [1] is correct, we should probably aim at
> something like 2500-3000€ if this is possible.

I guess even more is possible.

> > - your ideas
> >

> > Proposal: Web site update
> >
> > For years we have a CMS with a style which does not really support
> > mobile devices. Furthermore, it looks a bit old fashioned etc.
> >
> > Nicolas Boson (who has ample experience in creating OSGeo related Web
> > sites and recently the symbol set etc) offers to redesign the site.
> > In our offlist discussion we came up with the idea to switch to
> > markdown etc. This could all be discussed in a separate email thread.
>
> Sounds good. Is he willing to do this for free or should we try to raise
> some money in the community to finance this ?

He's not willing to do this for free.
The sum roughly estimated by him I have put into the wiki.

> Overall, time to prepare the budget. We may ask OSGeo for financial
> > support here.
>
> I think the main support would be for travelling costs to sprints.

... IMHO as well as the web site.

Markus

Moritz