[GRASS-PSC] GRASS GIS Community Sprint Prague 2019 Expenses

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Thu Dec 12 07:43:42 PST 2019

On 12/12/19 10:51, Martin Landa wrote:
> Hi Moritz,
>
> čt 12. 12. 2019 v 10:13 odesílatel Moritz Lennert
> <mlennert at club.worldonline.be> napsal:
>> - IIUC, most of the budget you are asking for is actually for
>> promotional material (stickers, magnets) that are only indirectly linked
>> to the code sprint, or ? I would therefore suggest to separate the two
>
> make sense to me. In reality you are suggesting two separated voting
> procedures, right?

Well, don't know if we really need two voting procedures, or just one
vote combining the two expenses...

>> requests to make that more apparent. Your actual "sprinting" costs are
>> <60€, or ?
>
> Yes, only one dinner, two lunches + small food.

No beer ??? ;-)

>> - In the report, you write: "We spent several hours over the course of
>> the sprint discussing different alternatives and finding a best way to
>> implement the one we have chosen." I see that everything has been
>> documented in detail on the relevant wiki page:
>> https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/wxGUIDevelopment/New_Startup#GRASSGISCommunitySprintPrague2019,
>> but would it be possible summarize the general philosophy on the mailing
>> list ? I think this is an important part of GRASS GIS and discussion
>> should be larger.
>
> Sure, on the other hand we cannot discuss it forever :-) We have
> prepared step-by-step roadmap, see [1]. No big revolution, just small
> but important steps. Feel free to comment!

Yes, I saw that (that's why I already included the same link ;-) ), but
it is very detailed and so I'm not sure I really understand the big
picture of the general philosophy you have decided. On the wiki page we
started out by discussing two general options: "Keep current paradigm,
but make contact easier" or "Change paradigm" (e.g. "Open into a
predefined lat-long location but give information message"). IIUC, your
roadmap follows the first option, or ?

There's just too many trees for me to see the forest ;-)

Moritz