[GRASS-PSC] GRASS GIS budget 2020 - was: Re: [Board] OSGeo Budget 2020

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Sat Dec 28 02:49:46 PST 2019

Hi Peter,

On Fri, Dec 27, 2019 at 7:39 AM "Peter Löwe" <peter.loewe at gmx.de> wrote:

> Hello Markus, hi PSC,
> The preliminary planned 2020 budget is currently slightly lower than the
> 2019 budget, however we should be prepared to answer questions on how we
> really intend to spend the overall amount - and to avoid overbudgeting as
> in 2019 (provided that the numbers are complete).

I can't comment on the concrete sprint/travel budget, but there are
multiple reason why over-budgeting in 2019 happened. For sprints, we ask a
certain sum from OSGeo, but then we raise funds ourselves (as requested by
OSGeo) as well as minimize the expenses. I have some plans for
strikers/promo/swag, but I started to carry them out only now. Then there
is of course the website. So, I would say it is natural - at least for the
way how we currently organize the budget.

Best,
Vaclav