[GRASS-PSC] GRASS GIS budget 2020 - was: Re: [Board] OSGeo Budget 2020

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Mon Dec 30 09:50:20 PST 2019

Hi Peter, Moritz, PSC,

On Fri, Dec 27, 2019 at 1:39 PM "Peter Löwe" <peter.loewe at gmx.de> wrote:

> Hello Markus, hi PSC,
>
> regarding our surplus from 2019, does the item "Travel grants for community sprints: 1043.09 EUR" summarize all costs for both events in Berlin and the Prague (including food, drinks, etc.) ?

I am not sure where this number came from.
The figure was added by Moritz:
https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/w/index.php?title=GRASS_GIS_Budget_2019&diff=26007&oldid=26006

@Moritz Lennert could you pls add how it was calculated?

> If the numbers for 2019 are complete, it seems like we only spent 20% of the requested budget.

Please all PSC members check if this is now correct:
https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_GIS_Budget_2019

https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_GIS_Budget_2020

> The preliminary planned 2020 budget is currently slightly lower than the 2019 budget, however we should be prepared to answer questions on how we really intend to spend the overall amount - and to avoid overbudgeting as in 2019 (provided that the numbers are complete).

Yes - agreed.

Kind regards,