[GRASS-PSC] GRASS GIS Budget 2019 - draft

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Fri Jan 4 07:25:19 PST 2019

On 19/12/18 15:07, Moritz Lennert wrote:
> On 18/12/18 21:54, Markus Neteler wrote:
>> Hi PSC,
>>
>> I have drafted a new Wiki page at
>> https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_GIS_Budget_2019
>>
>> ... to be done in the Wiki page:
>> - what is the surplus of 2018? (Martin or Moritz?) - please add
>
> The current amount in the bank account is 1159,61€, but I think Martin
> has never been reimbursed for the 2018 Sprint as I never received the
> bank account info.

After having reimbursed Martin, the current amount in the bank account
is 887,46.

> I don't know if the amount on the bank account is to be considered a
> "surplus". For that we would need the detailed accounts of 2018, not
> only the planned expenses as currently in [1].
>
> Looking at what we had left at the end of 2017 (1592,85€ according to
> [1]), this would mean that we actually have a negative balance of
> 1159,61€ - 1592,85€ = −433,24€, if what is on the bank account is all
> that is left (i.e. no other sums lying somewhere else).

As the 1592.85€ were not put onto the current bank account, I suppose
that they have been spent completely, but I don't know. Where was this
money located "physically", only in Martin's bank account, or is there
some money somewhere else, maybe in the US ?

The current bank account's only income were 2000€ Euro apparently
received from OSGeo. In the Sprint 2018 account's [1] I see that a bit
over 2700€ were supposed to be reimbursed (IIRC, Nikos did not claim
reimbursement), so we did spend more than we received for this sprint.

I think we probably need some more structured general accounting, not
only ad-hoc for different events, and not only on the wiki. At least
some spreadsheet listing income and spending. Or does this already exist
somewhere ?

Moritz

[1]
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BgFMiYlLosFjsVUlUCWwssoxiQB_G7gpkVFgG29gZBM/edit#gid=607358029