[GRASS-PSC] GRASS GIS Budget 2019 - draft

Veronica Andreo veroandreo at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 02:44:06 PST 2019

Hi :)

El jue., 17 ene. 2019 7:25, Martin Landa <landa.martin at gmail.com> escribió:

> Hi,
>
> čt 17. 1. 2019 v 10:51 odesílatel Moritz Lennert
> <mlennert at club.worldonline.be> napsal:
>
> https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_GIS_Budget_2019#Planned_Expenses
>
> two notes:
>
> 1) GRASS GIS Community Sprint FOSS4G Bucarest 2019 (extension of the
> OSGeo Code Sprint)
>
> This year OSGeo Code Sprint is located in U.S. I would remove text in
> brackets.
>
> 2) Would be nice to plan our own Code Sprint in Spring/Autumn. Berlin
> has been discussed several times as good place.
>
> > That would mean we should ask for about 7000€ from OSGeo. If they give
> > us less, then we will have to raise more... ;-)
>
> 7e3 seems to be reasonable (since we want to redo website). I would
> even ask for more, we don't have so strong donation program as QGIS
> has.

I would also ask more, i.e., at least 8000 euro.

IIUC, QGIS is asking a total of 11000 euro, including their developers and
users conf... So, why not? Whatever extra we might get from donations can
be used for financing code sprints, travels or support bug fixing or
development of new features

Cheers,
Vero