[GRASS-PSC] Fwd: [OSGeo-Discuss] Product management in OSGeo projects

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Wed Mar 20 09:23:59 PDT 2019

Hi PSC,

FYI, it would be nice to participate.
Anyone here willing to take over?

Thanks
Markus

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Steven Feldman <shfeldman at gmail.com>
Date: Mo., 18. März 2019, 12:33
Subject: [OSGeo-Discuss] Product management in OSGeo projects
To: <discuss at lists.osgeo.org>

Hi

I am doing a little bit of research into product management strategies and
processes within OSGeo. The purpose is to inform a talk that I hope to
present at FOSS4G and/or FOSS4GUK later in the year.

My aim is to explore and compare approaches to product management across
several well known OSGeo projects.

Amongst the questions that I will *try* to answer

   - Does the Open Source collaborative development model incorporate and
   support product management disciplines?

   - Are there formal product management strategies within the OSGeo
   Community?
   - How is a roadmap developed?
   - Are there best practices that we can learn from and share?

If you are a member of a Project Steering Committee and would be willing to
participate in this research effort by completing a short survey and
possibly a follow up interview please contact me or forward this mail to
someone within your project who might be interested in participating.

Thanks for any help

Steven
Steven Feldman

m: +44 (0) 7958 924 101
about me:  stevenfeldman <http://about.me/stevenfeldman>
t:   @StevenFeldma <http://twitter.com/stevenfeldman>n
<http://twitter.com/stevenfeldman>
skype: stevenfeldman2638

Unusual maps in strange places -  mappery.org

Subscribe to my weekly “Maps in the Wild” newsletter
<http://eepurl.com/dKStT-/>