[GRASS-PSC] PSC elections

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Sun Dec 13 12:19:02 PST 2020

Am 13. Dezember 2020 20:36:05 MEZ schrieb Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org>:
>On Sun, Dec 13, 2020 at 7:38 PM Hernán De Angelis
><variablestarlight at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi again,
>>
>> In the wiki, eligible voters are defined as those with svn access. This is perhaps outdated?
>
>Yes, that's definitely outdated.
>
>> In 2020 it should perhaps be those who can merge a pull request in GitHub? Or should we choose another definition?

Only merge rights (i.e. write access to the grass repository) seems very restrictive in current github PR times.

>I believe that we should also recognize other contributions
>(documentation, translation etc).

How to define this, though. In my eyes we should be as inclusive as reasonable.

Maybe we could say:

- All people with write access to any of the GRASS GIS repositories (i.e for example also including add-ons and website).
- All people that have already posted a pull request to github (possibly only those PR that have been merged)
- All people that have contributed to Transifex.

How does that sound?

>Does anyone know this tool for the identification of contributors (I
>never tried)
>https://allcontributors.org/

Sounds interesting, but probably only for github, or ? So not Transifex.

Moritz