[GRASS-PSC] PSC elections

Veronica Andreo veroandreo at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 14:12:43 PST 2020

Hi everyone,

El dom, 13 dic 2020 a las 21:19, Moritz Lennert (<
mlennert at club.worldonline.be>) escribió:

> Am 13. Dezember 2020 20:36:05 MEZ schrieb Markus Neteler <
> neteler at osgeo.org>:
> >On Sun, Dec 13, 2020 at 7:38 PM Hernán De Angelis
> ><variablestarlight at gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi again,
> >>
> >> In the wiki, eligible voters are defined as those with svn access. This
> is perhaps outdated?
> >
> >Yes, that's definitely outdated.
> >
> >> In 2020 it should perhaps be those who can merge a pull request in
> GitHub? Or should we choose another definition?
>
> Only merge rights (i.e. write access to the grass repository) seems very
> restrictive in current github PR times.

Fully agreed! Last time, all of us in the contributors and
contributors_extra files were given voting rights. We could also consider
those in translators.csv. I don't remember if they were considered last
time. I believe they were not.

> >I believe that we should also recognize other contributions
> >(documentation, translation etc).
>
> How to define this, though. In my eyes we should be as inclusive as
> reasonable.
>
> Maybe we could say:
>
> - All people with write access to any of the GRASS GIS repositories (i.e
> for example also including add-ons and website).
> - All people that have already posted a pull request to github (possibly
> only those PR that have been merged)
> - All people that have contributed to Transifex.

+1!

I've been searching in Transifex, and found this:
https://www.transifex.com/grass-gis/teams/. But, I'm not sure which number
really represents those that have actually translated strings and most
importantly how to easily get such a list.

What about those Google Code-In students that have contributed with
screenshots and examples to manual pages, as well as those contributing
tests?

cheers,
Vero