[GRASS-PSC] 2020 Election wiki - request for comments on details

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Wed Dec 16 13:16:32 PST 2020

On Wed, Dec 16, 2020 at 7:28 PM Chief Return Officer (CRO) - GRASS GIS
election 2020 <variablestarlight at gmail.com> wrote:

> Comments appreciated, so we can move forward with this. See below.

Comments inline below:

> Thanks
>
> /H.
>
> On 2020-12-16 09:18, Chief Return Officer (CRO) - GRASS GIS election 2020 wrote:
>
> Good morning,
>
> I am now set to edit the trac wiki and start defining the process. At this stage I would like us to reach a consensus
> regarding critical parts of the process. This is preliminary, please comment and suggest other options as you consider necessary.

To avoid confusion with ASCII emails, here the clean version:

- Number of PSC members to be elected: 9
- Election duration: 2020-12-21 - 2021-01-28
   - Nomination period: 2020-12-21 - 2021-01-11
   - Reflection week: 2021-01-11 - 2021-01-18
   - Voting period: 2021-01-18 - 2021-01-25
   - Latest possible announcement of new PSC: 2021-02-01

> Are these dates reasonable?

To me it sounds reasonable.

> Eligible voters:
>
> - have already posted a pull request to github **(possibly only those PR that have been merged)**

I understood that in addition we want the translators.
- have contributed to Transifex

> Note the second criterion, what about PR:s being merged or not?
>
> Opinions on this?

"PR still open" would be fine for me because it shows interest, an
active contribution and maybe tackles complicated stuff which cannot
be merged quickly.

> From the current wiki drat: Election tool?
>
>      During the Voting period, eligible voters, can vote their preferred
>      candidate(s) via an on-line tool which will protect privacy.
>
> Which tool? How does this work?
>
> O see that https://vote.heliosvoting.org/ was used in 2016. Is this being used in 2020 too? How?

Nikos knows about heliosvoting.
But as Moritz suggests, perhaps we may use
https://limesurvey.osgeo.org - I can try to find out.