[GRASS-PSC] [GRASS GIS PSC Elections 2020] Invitation to vote, reminder

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Mon Jan 18 05:45:48 PST 2021

On 18/01/21 14:40, Chief Return Officer (CRO) - GRASS GIS election 2020
wrote:
> On 2021-01-18 14:34, Markus Neteler wrote:
>> On Mon, Jan 18, 2021 at 2:23 PM Ondřej Pešek <pesej.ondrek at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>> po 18. 1. 2021 v 13:19 odesílatel Moritz Lennert
>> Yes and partially hard to catch.
>>
>>> All my invitations differed in the person to whom they were
>>> addressed. All of them were me, though: Ondřej, Ondrej, ondrej,
>>> pesekon2. Maybe this info could be helpful.
>
> I sent several mails in the preceding week asking people to update their
> emails.

Well, to be fair, you sent us a list of lists and it wasn't clear that
we should check whether we appeared in several of them. Mine are all
with the same address, so I didn't think this would be an issue. My bad
for not being more watchful.

But there should be no blaming here, it just shows that we need to
create a more reliable system in the future.

> That some people appear N times with different emails, and sometimes
> spellings and aliases is not an easy problem to tackle.

Obviously.

>>> I'm happy that my four personalities have finally found some friends,
>>> but I'm more used to the fact that I'm the only one who actually
>>> talks with them.
> Sarcasm is not necessary.

I don't think this was sarcasm, but just Ondrej' wonderful czech sense
of humour ! :-)

>> I suggest that we clean up and keep the list as predefined for the
>> next election. And then only  add new voters who joined the community
>> after 12/2020.

+1

Moritz