[GRASS-PSC] PSC Meeting minutes - May 13th, 2022

Veronica Andreo veroandreo at gmail.com
Wed May 18 07:12:17 PDT 2022

Hi Moritz

El mar, 17 may 2022 a las 10:01, Moritz Lennert (<
mlennert at club.worldonline.be>) escribió:
[...]

> A few remarks:
>
> - No GSoC students: do we have an idea about why so few applications? Any
> ideas on how to improve that?
>
> - Sponsorship rules : please be aware that AFAIK such rules are
> country-specific, so what counts as compensation for money received and
> what that means in terms of the money being subject to VAT will have to be
> checked on a case-by-case basis.
>
> - In the email announcing that I wasn't able to attend I suggested two
> points, but they don't seem to have been covered:

For some reason I did not get your reply (as you know this has happened
with other emails too). Markus pointed to the items you sent, but we didn't
make it to discuss them or the discussion deviated into other things; I do
not remember tbh. Apologies

>    1) Did you discuss any form of communication strategy about the student
> grant results with a specific eye on motivating donations ?

I think the best would be that the students themselves provided us with a
draft news item for the website, so we then use it to show off and call for
donations to grant more of these scholarships/awards. I created 2 twitter
threads when Caitlin and Linda were more or less in the middle of the 2
month period, but I agree we need something else. I have been calling for
help to generate more content, but there have been no answers at all.

   2) If we want to claim the money budgeted for GRASS GIS in the OSGeo
> budget, we need an official decision of the PSC. Did you discuss this?

No, we did not. Do we need a motion to claim for the money or can I or
anyone else in the PSC write to the board on behalf of the whole PSC and
claim for it?

> I would also like to ask if anyone else would like to take over the role
> of treasurer. It's not a very time-consuming job, but I need to reduce my
> mental load. An important issue is to consolidate the reorganization of our
> accounts (currently we have money left in the €-based PayPal money pool
> linked to my personal PayPal account and a $-based account at
> Opencollective), knowing that we have interactions in both currencies.

Volunteers?

Best,
Vero