[GRASS-PSC] [OSGeo-Discuss] OSGeo Budget 2023

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Sat Jan 21 02:54:40 PST 2023

Hi !

Just a heads-up/ reminder to avoid any possible misunderstanding : the fact that we put in a budget request to OSGeo and that it is approved does not mean that we automatically get the money. The PSC has to make an explicit request to the board at the moment the money needs to be spent. In other words, what OSGeo grants us is a _pledge_ that money is available for us up to the maximum amount requested, if we have actual spending.

As a concrete example: if we want part of the student grants to be paid with money from the OSGeo budget, we have to ask Michael to pay it out directly to the students from the OSGeo account.

Moritz