[STATSGRASS] kriging, gstat, GRASS

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Thu Dec 15 18:05:31 EST 2005

Thomas,

On Thu, Dec 15, 2005 at 02:25:33PM -0800, Matthew Perry wrote:
> Thomas,
>
>  On 12/15/05, Thomas Adams <Thomas.Adams at noaa.gov> wrote:
> > I'm re-visiting an old issue. Previously, using GRASS 5.3 & 5.4, I had
> > no problems with using gstat & GRASS together. Now, I've gone to GRASS
> > 6.1 and gstat 2.4.5 (compiled with GRASS support) and I get errors. I
> > apologize that I may have contacted you before about this, but I can not
> > find any old emails. Attached is my gstat input file and a file with the
> > gstat error I get from within my GRASS6.1 session. I'm getting:
> >
> > WARNING: Vector used instead of sites.
> >

> I get that warning using the same software versions. However it does
> not seem to effect the results as I'm able to generate a kriged GRASS
> raster in spite of the warning.

This warning is harmless. I just changed the text to
"Adapted sites library used for vector points (module should be updated to GRASS 6 vector library)."

which is hopefully more explanative. It is intended to the programmer.

Concerning memory faults: I found this in the ChangeLog

        * lib/sites/sites.c: Brad's updates merged ;crash fixed (gstat
          related)

To replicate the problem I would need a (small) location, the
gstat script etc, preferably off-list. I can try to check although
I am pretty busy right now.

Markus

--
Markus Neteler     <neteler itc it>       http://mpa.itc.it