[STATSGRASS] R/GRASS/Gaussian simulation issue

Thomas Adams Thomas.Adams at noaa.gov
Thu Jul 27 13:20:16 EDT 2006

I am attempting Gaussian simulation of modeled precipitation fields
which are, of course, like all precipitation data decidedly non-normal.
In order to do the simulations, the data must be transformed using a
normal score transform. I can do this in R using:

z<-qnorm(ppoints(x)), where x is the precipitation field data.

This works and I can transform the data back to precipitation values.
The problem I have is how do I do this maintaining the spatial patterns.
That is, I read the data into R from GRASS:

precip<-readFLOAT6sp("data")

After I perform the Gaussian simulation of modeled *transformed*
precipitation fields, I need to transform the data back to precipitation
values maintaining geographic/spatial patterns. How do I do this?

Help is appreciated.

Regards,
Tom

--