[STATSGRASS] Files not found on the repository

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Tue Nov 21 03:50:26 EST 2006

On Tue, 21 Nov 2006, G. Allegri wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm installing my packages on Ubuntu Dapper. I've read I have to do the
> sequence of commands inside R environment to install all the required
> packages:

These are based on the GRASS News note of mid-2005, and are now very
out-of-date.

All the necessary functions for the GRASS 6 interface are now in packages
on CRAN, so that on Linux/Unix (or Mac OSX) installing rgdal from source
with PROJ4 and GDAL installed, or Windows installin binary, the required
packages are:

sp

maptools (now includes spmaptools)

rgdal (now includes spGDAL, spproj)

spgrass6

now all on CRAN.

I have added a note to this effect to the Wiki.

Roger

e-mail: Roger.Bivand at nhh.no