[STATSGRASS] v.variogram

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Sat Oct 7 16:53:29 EDT 2006

On Sat, Oct 07, 2006 at 09:36:39PM +0200, Roger Bivand wrote:
> On Sat, 7 Oct 2006, Tomas Lanczos wrote:
>
> > Hello,

> > > The script has not been updated to match changes in the
> > > spgrass6 package.
> > > west and south in line 117 of the script need to be changed
> > > to w and s from spgrass6 >= 0.3. The list in line 118 will
> > > need changing to data.frame for sp >= 0.9 and R >= 2.4.0. The
> > > script would be more robust if is used the mechanisms
> > > described in the GRASS book for argument passing. It could
> > > also condition on package releases.
> >
> > Thank You very much for Your answer, I performed the changes You suggested.
> > Now I got the following error message:
> >
> > "GRASS_INFO_WARNING(12466,1): OGR can't parse PROJ.4-style parameter string:
> > GRASS_INFO_WARNING(12466,1):  +proj=krovak +a=6377397.155 +rf=299.1528128
> > +no_defs +to_meter=1.0000000000
> > GRASS_INFO_WARNING(12466,1): (OGR Error code was 5)

Hi,

probably "krovak" is the problem here. It was recently added to
PROJ (see that mailing list for details) and there were also suggestions
to rename it. I didn't follow that in detail. On the GRASS user
list should be some krovak users who may have an idea. Since OGR
fails, it seems to be a more general problem. It could also be that
GRASS needs krovak to be added, in GRASS 6.3 Glynn Clements recently
rewrote the projection definition part and simplified it a lot.

Markus