[STATSGRASS] v.variogram

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Sat Oct 7 15:36:39 EDT 2006

On Sat, 7 Oct 2006, Tomas Lanczos wrote:

> Hello,
>
> > > v.variogram point=basement_surf layer=1 column=z resolution=70
> > > maxdist=92330
> > > nlag=15
> >
> > The script has not been updated to match changes in the
> > spgrass6 package.
> > west and south in line 117 of the script need to be changed
> > to w and s from spgrass6 >= 0.3. The list in line 118 will
> > need changing to data.frame for sp >= 0.9 and R >= 2.4.0. The
> > script would be more robust if is used the mechanisms
> > described in the GRASS book for argument passing. It could
> > also condition on package releases.
>
> Thank You very much for Your answer, I performed the changes You suggested.
> Now I got the following error message:
>
> "GRASS_INFO_WARNING(12466,1): OGR can't parse PROJ.4-style parameter string:
> GRASS_INFO_WARNING(12466,1):  +proj=krovak +a=6377397.155 +rf=299.1528128
> +no_defs +to_meter=1.0000000000
> GRASS_INFO_WARNING(12466,1): (OGR Error code was 5)

This looks as though the modification stops v.out.ogr -e from working, and
results in no shapefile being written. Could you see what happens when you
run v.out.ogr -e for your point vector data? My guess is that it will
fail. It may also fail with just v.out.ogr, because v.out.ogr tries to
write a *.prj anyway for shapefiles, and that may just not work following
the patch. Could you let me know if other OGR drivers do any better?

Roger