[GRASS-stats] counting/sorting lineament lenght according to their azimuth in R

Carlos "Guâno" Grohmann carlos.grohmann at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 15:21:19 EDT 2008

Thanks Jarek, but CircStats only gives me my first need (petals =
frequency of lineaments). the length of the petals can be adjusted by
a _constant_ value, not ny the accumulated length.

tks

Carlos

2008/7/10  <jarekj at amu.edu.pl>:

> try circStats,
>
> http://addictedtor.free.fr/graphiques/RGraphGallery.php?graph=97
>
> Jarek
>

> 10/7/2008, ""Carlos \"Guâno\" Grohmann"
> carlos.grohmann at gmail.com"
> <"=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Carlos_\"Gu=E2no\"_Grohmann?="
> carlos.grohmann at gmail.com> napisał/a:
>
>>Hello all
>>
>>I was laying around with R packages to do some rose plots. I've found
>>some, but none gives me what I really want (maybe because they were
>>made by climatologists and I am a geologist?)
>>
>>What I want? 2 kinds of rose plots. One where the size of the petals
>>is proporcional to the frequency (number) of lineaments in a given
>>direction. Some packages do this, including heR.Misc
>>(http://www.exposurescience.org). So far, we're good.
>>
>>Now the second kind of rose plot. In this one, the size of the petal
>>is proporcional to the accumulated length of the lineaments in that
>>direction.
>>
>>The length attribute I get from GRASS, the azimuths, in R (from the
>>start_x, start_y, end_x, end_y GRASS gives me)
>>
>>Now, how can I sort/sum the lengths based on the azimuth?
>>
>>TIA
>>
>>carlos
>>

>>--
>>+-----------------------------------------------------------+
>> Carlos Henrique Grohmann - Guano
>> Geologist M.Sc - Doctorate Student at IGc-USP - Brazil
>>Linux User #89721 - carlos dot grohmann at gmail dot com

 Carlos Henrique Grohmann - Guano
 Geologist M.Sc - Doctorate Student at IGc-USP - Brazil
Linux User #89721 - carlos dot grohmann at gmail dot com
"Good morning, doctors. I have taken the liberty of removing Windows
95 from my hard drive."
--The winning entry in a "What were HAL's first words" contest judged
by 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY creator Arthur C. Clarke

Can't stop the signal.