[GRASS-stats] Speedup of readVECT6() with plugin

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Sun Jun 1 14:47:22 EDT 2008

On Sat, 31 May 2008, Markus Neteler wrote:

> On Sat, May 31, 2008 at 6:35 PM, Roger Bivand <Roger.Bivand at nhh.no> wrote:

>>> Sure. but I can help you if you like (got it running on various kinds of
>>> machines). It's also documented:
>>>
>>> http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/Compile_and_install_GRASS_and_QGIS_with_GDAL/OGR_Plugin
>>
>> Including machines with SELinux running? It is very picky with ldconfig.
>
> I have never tried SELinux.
> But I simply use:

The SELinux was a red herring, I simply hadn't understood the change in
plugin technology. The current CVS version works for me on F7 under
SELinux with the plugin built as described in the wiki.

Please try the CVS version at:

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at r-spatial.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/r-spatial
login

cvs -z3
-d:pserver:anonymous at r-spatial.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/r-spatial co
-P spgrass6

or a variant that works. The vector version looks OK, the raster version
is basic (uses data resolution not window resolution, and only handles one
raster at a time without categories).

Roger

e-mail: Roger.Bivand at nhh.no