[GRASS-stats] Speedup of readVECT6() with plugin

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Sun Jun 1 16:40:09 EDT 2008

On Sun, Jun 1, 2008 at 8:47 PM, Roger Bivand <Roger.Bivand at nhh.no> wrote:
> On Sat, 31 May 2008, Markus Neteler wrote:

> The SELinux was a red herring, I simply hadn't understood the change in
> plugin technology. The current CVS version works for me on F7 under SELinux
> with the plugin built as described in the wiki.
>
> Please try the CVS version at:
>
> cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at r-spatial.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/r-spatial login
>
> cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at r-spatial.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/r-spatial co -P spgrass6

Dear Roger,

thanks for the high speed rewrite of the interface. Downloaded and installed
successfully (I see the new message
"GRASS GIS interface loaded with GRASS version: 6.4.svn"
).

> or a variant that works. The vector version looks OK,

I have made the test again but cannot observe a speed improvement.
I guess I have to debug it somehow.

> the raster version is
> basic (uses data resolution not window resolution, and only handles one
> raster at a time without categories).

AFAIK the plugin delivers only *original* raster resolution and extent (that's
why r.out.gdal was written in C to replace a former plugin based shell script).
So, unless the plugin is changed here it might not be that useful for raster
data *if* the GRASS behaviour of respecting raster settings during export
should be maintained.

thanks,
Markus