[GRASS-stats] Rdbi Error in loadNamespace

Daniel McInerney daniel.mcinerney at ucd.ie
Mon Jun 16 12:38:51 EDT 2008

Hi Stanislav,
I'm not overly familiar with Rdbi and can't
suggest a fix for the error message that you
outline.

However, you might consider using the RODBC
library [1] as an alternative means of connecting
R to PostgreSQL. Provided you edit /etc/odbc.ini
and /etc/odbcinst.ini to suit your set-up, you can
connect to your db with relative ease using obdcConnect()
and query tables using  sqlQuery(). For additional
information see [2].

Regards,
Daniel.

[1] http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/RODBC/index.html