[GRASS-stats] GRASS/R interface Vista 64

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Tue Nov 18 07:22:32 EST 2008

On Mon, 17 Nov 2008, Sam Veloz wrote:

> I am trying to run R from within GRASS. I am running GRASS 6.3.0 with R 2.8.0
> on a Vista 64 platform. I am able to start R within GRASS and load the
> spgrass6 library fine. However when I try:
> G <- gmeta6()
> I get the following error:
> Error in system(paste(paste("g.region", .addexe(), sep = ""), "-g3"),  :
>  g.region not found

Thanks. The most likely cause is that the system is not being identified
as a "windows" system. Could you copy the output from your running R
within GRASS of .sessionInfo() and of Sys.getenv() into an RData file
(save()) and pass it to me off-list? The specific test expects
.Platform$OS.type == "windows", and if it isn't, there may be issues. The
other possibility is that Sys.getenv("OSTYPE") isn't known.

Roger

e-mail: Roger.Bivand at nhh.no