[GRASS-stats] Problems installing spgrass6

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Thu Oct 30 08:35:32 EDT 2008

On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 1:28 PM, Edward Tomlinson <e.j.tommo at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> I seem to be having a similar problem, cannot install spgrass6 package.
>
> i have tried R CMD INSTALL and package.install methods. Also tried with
> dependencies = true.
>
> Still end up with the same error.
>
> I have gdal 1.5.3 installed seperatly.
>
> Can anyone give me suggestions?

I searched around and found

http://groups.google.com/group/ggobi/browse_thread/thread/a07061c281fac739?pli=1
 "I just experienced (and solved) the same problem (presumably). The
  loadNameSpace routine/package/whatever was added as of R 2.5.0, my
  guess is that you use a version prior to that. The solution is of
  course to install 2.5.0 or later.

  (To find out your version, in the R console, type 'version' and look
  at minor (contains the last two digits of the version))
"

https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-announce/2007/000463.html
R 2.5.0 is released
"    o	message() has a new argument 'appendLF' to handle messages
	with and without newlines.  There is a new message class
	packageStartupMessage() that can be suppressed separately.
"
Do you have an older R version installed?

Markus