[GRASS-stats] Raster maps from GRASS to R and back to GRASS?

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 22 05:17:09 EDT 2009

I posted to grass bug #73 what I should have posted here, (how to deal
with nodata is a common pain apparently)

http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/73#comment:47

* 999 is dangerous, it can easily be an elevation value. -9999 is bad
too, you just hit it less often (data doesn't have to be elevation in
meters). But even though you hit it less often doesn't mean it's still
not going to bite you one day, so it's a bug. but alas, probably for
r.out.arc we are stuck with what Arc allows for input values.

Hamish