[GRASS-stats] gstat error

Jarek Jasiewicz jarekj at amu.edu.pl
Sat Apr 25 13:11:03 EDT 2009

Hi
during trend calculation I recive following error:

library(spgrass6)
library(gstat)

raster=readRAST6("rzedna")
p=readVECT6("punkty")
p at proj4string=raster at proj4string

pg_1=gstat(id="p_1", formula=rzedna~1,data=p, degree=1)
 p_1=predict(pg_1,raster)
[ordinary or weighted least squares prediction]

"solve.c", line 87: singular matrix in function Usolve()
Error in predict.gstat(pg_1, raster) : Usolve

my system information:

Ubuntu 8.04
R 2.8.1
gstat 0.9.59
the error have appeared first time on gstat 0.9.49

Errors apears on all my data, even these, where trend was calculated
some times ago. Commads coming from old data

The error is also reproducible on spearfish dataset with elevation.dem
and random points generated by v.random

Jarek