[GRASS-stats] GRASS/R interface

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Fri Feb 13 05:00:07 EST 2009

On Fri, 13 Feb 2009, Agustin Lobo wrote:

> Thanks, where?
> Also, there is no way the grass environment could be passed
> to spgrass6 if R had been started from a not-grass terminal?
> This would circumvent a current problem in the
> windows osgeo4w QGIS-GRASS-R environment.

I'm still unsure of the steps you are taking. Are you opening a GRASS
location/mapset - for example from GRASS tools under Plugins ->, then from
the tools choosing the console, and entering the command to start R there?
Could you put a sequence of screenshots describing your process on a site
somewhere - I have no problem with regular QGIS 0.11.0. Starting spgrass6
outside the GRASS environment will most likely not work well at all,
because nothing that it needs to run is available (progam PATH, data
location, etc.).

Roger

e-mail: Roger.Bivand at nhh.no