[GRASS-stats] administration rights: unable to use the flag "overwrite" with spgrass6

Alexandre Villers villers.alexandre at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 08:59:39 EDT 2012

Dear list,

I am unable to use the "overwrite" flag (e.g. with v.in.ogr) when
working from within R with spgrass6 on a windows 7 x64bits machine
(v.in.ogr.exe is not allowed to delete the file). It is apparently an
administrator rights issue as it works fine when I specifiy gisDbase
using a folder on my external hard disk. The problem is that I am the
administrator on this computer... and that I wouldn't expect any error
as the tempdir() function creates folder in my personal folder in Users
where I should have the rights anyway.

Has anyone experienced such issue with windows 7 ?
Thanks in advance.

Alex

R version 2.14.2 (2012-02-29)
Platform: x86_64-pc-mingw32/x64 (64-bit)

locale:
[1] LC_COLLATE=English_United Kingdom.1252  LC_CTYPE=English_United
Kingdom.1252    LC_MONETARY=English_United Kingdom.1252 LC_NUMERIC=C
[5] LC_TIME=English_United Kingdom.1252

attached base packages:

other attached packages:
[1] spgrass6_0.7-9 XML_3.9-4.1    sp_0.9-97

[1] grid_2.14.2    lattice_0.20-0