[GRASS-stats] raster data in R

Marisa Donnelly madonnelly at ucdavis.edu
Thu Sep 10 07:05:34 PDT 2015

Hello,
I am currently working on a project attempts to summarize the potential
mosquito reproductive rate of regions in California given the region's mean
annual daily temperature. I have a written a model in R that uses
temperature as an input and outputs the reproductive rate given that
temperature. I have also constructed a raster map in GRASS GIS version 7.1
of the aggregated California daily tmean values for a year. I would like to
take the tmean temperature value of each pixel in the California map, input
it into my model in R, and generate a reproductive rate for each pixel,
which I would then like to be able to map. I would like to find the best
and most efficient way to bring in the map data into R and input it into my
model. Do you any suggestions for the best way to do this?
--
Marisa Donnelly
Ph.D. Student
madonnelly at ucdavis.edu