[GRASS-stats] rgrass7 is not loading

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Mon Sep 19 12:53:01 PDT 2016

On Mon, 19 Sep 2016, Norbert Zirps wrote:

> Dear grass users,
> since today I’ve the following problem:

First problem, unkown OS. Guess Windows (CP1252??) from the odd characters
in your email, unkown version. Unknown R version and unkown rgrass7
version. No other reports of issues that are known. Are you using OSGeo4W
GRASS or native GRASS? That shouldn't matter, rgrass7 will load with no
GRASS present.

Roger

> starting rgrass7 package in R in the grass7 console I get the following error message:
>> library(rgrass7)
> Lade n├Âtiges Paket: sp
> Lade n├Âtiges Paket: XML
> Error : .onAttach in attachNamespace() f├╝r 'rgrass7' fehlgeschlagen,
> Details:
>  Aufruf: if (class(t0) != "try-error" && is.character(t0) && nchar(t0) >
>  Fehler: Fehlender Wert, wo TRUE/FALSE n├Âtig ist
> Fehler: Laden von Paket oder Namensraum f├╝r 'rgrass7' fehlgeschlagen
> I tried the following options:
> New installation of GRASS7 and R
> Updated all packages in R
> Installed the package rgrass7 on both sides, in an single R Session and also in the R Session inside the GRASS console,
> But nothing works.
> Is it possible to fix this?
> Is there a way to set the namespaces for R or to repair them?
> By the way: The same problem seems to be at v.krige in the GUI. I never get this addon to work and need to use the kriging interpolation methods.
> Thank you for your help,
>

> kind regards, Norbert Zirps.
>

> Norbert  Zirps
>
> Reichenstraße 14
>
> 02625 Bautzen
>
> mobil 015774938930

Helleveien 30, N-5045 Bergen, Norway.
voice: +47 55 95 93 55; fax +47 55 95 91 00
e-mail: Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
http://orcid.org/0000-0003-2392-6140
http://depsy.org/person/434412