[GRASS translations] spanish translations?

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Tue Jun 28 04:05:20 EDT 2005

On Mon, Jun 27, 2005 at 09:37:48AM -0700, Guillermo Martinez wrote:
> Markus Neteler wrote:
>
> >On Fri, Jun 24, 2005 at 05:26:33PM -0700, Guillermo Martinez wrote:
> >

> >>Hi,
> >>
> >>I'm wonder if you need with the Spanish translations (tutorials, manual,
> >>man files, gyu). I'm going to teach a short course about grass (15%),
> >>Mapserver (60%) and other open GIS tools. I'd like to help in
> >>translating some short tutorial for beginners. Any idea about a tutorial
> >>that i can translate?.
> >>
> >>How can I help to costumize grass in Spanish?
> >>
> >>I have some programming experience with PHP and Mapscript. Also, I did
> >>my undergraduate thesis with grass, but I need to learn more about C and
> >>the CVS.
> >>
> >>Thank you,
> >>

> >Hi Guillermo,
> >
> >the GDF Hannover published recently a GRASS 6 tutorial in German and
> >English language (it's a free document):
> >
> >http://www.gdf-hannover.de/literature
> >-> GRASS GIS 6.0 Tutorial. Version 1.1
> >
> >Some translations are ongoing, perhaps you want to join for Spanish?
> >
> >Markus
> >

> Hi Markus and all,
>
> Thank you for the invitation! For me, it's an opportunity to learn many
> things. Do you know if there is a team for the translation to Spanish?
> Which tools do you use for translating? What is the first step?

Best will be to add a related page at the GDF Hannover web site.

> I understand this can take time, but I'd to work weekly on this.
>
> About the material for the short course that I need to prepare, I'd to
> use some of the material that you have in:
>
> http://mpa.itc.it/markus/shortcourse/

Please keep in mind that both GRASS and R evolved. Some modifications
will be necessary.

> I just want to show the people how to set up a location, and run basic
> modules to list, visualize the files, and perfom basic operations.

You may want to have a look at my new text
"GRASS 6 in a nutshell"

http://mpa.itc.it/markus/osg05/

which refers to the latest GRASS, QGIS and R. I want to modify the
text a bit in the near future but not too much.

Cheers

 Markus

--
Markus Neteler     <neteler itc it>       http://mpa.itc.it