[GRASS translations] Not yet gettexted?

Radim Blazek blazek at itc.it
Tue Mar 1 03:31:32 EST 2005

Markus Neteler wrote:
>>>Good point.
>>>Someone knowing better than me may give us a hint when to use
>>>G_message().
>>
>>locale/README states that both fprintf(stderr...) and fprintf(stdout...)
>>should be changed to G_message. I find that quite surprising: it seems to
>>erase the distinction between "normal" output and "warning-like" output.
>>Shouldn't fprintf(stderr...) become G_warning()?
>
> You are right, it's badly explained.
>
> Radim: what's the policy for G_message?

I think that G_message should be used for messages - informations about
the process for user while fprintf(stdout...) for data output.
G_message output is not expected to be send to pipe or file.
fprintf(stdout...) output is usually send to pipe or file.

It was discussed more times in the list, search the list.

Radim