[GRASS translations] Re: translations digest, Vol 1 #93 - 1 msg

Otto Dassau dassau at gdf-hannover.de
Thu Feb 2 06:36:15 EST 2006

Hi,

> Message: 1
> Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2006 22:33:36 +0100
> From: "Laurent C." <lrntct at gmail.com>
> To: Markus Neteler <neteler at itc.it>, translations at grass.itc.it
> Subject: Re: [GRASS translations] GRASS translations to
> Slovene/French/Spanish
>
> Hi,
> I'm interested for such a glossary. I've read Eve's translation of grass
> in a nutshell.
> Some words haven't the same translation between grasslib, grassmod and
> nutshell.
>
> I'm ok to use nutshell version (because this is the only complete
> translation) in all the files if every translators agree.

I agree, we should try to harmonize although it seems to be difficult. Since
we currently work in two repositories cvs (grass.itc) and svn (GDF), we
probably need to find a solution, to develope and keep a glossary uptodate
and make it easy for everybody to contribute and change entries.

Best solution for translators would be to have one glossary file for all
currently available languages included once in each repository, I guess. This
is difficult to achive - I don't have a clue for that.

Someone could try to take care, that changes in one version will be commited
to the other. Not the best solution, but maybe the easiest for now?

I could do that if we go for it - but I hope we find a better one :-).

   Otto