Fwd: [GRASS translations] grasstcl_XX.po into spanish

pmarc paulomarcondes at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 09:03:37 EST 2006

sent to wrong list.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: pmarc <paulomarcondes at gmail.com>
Date: 07/11/2006 09:30
Subject: Re: [GRASS translations] grasstcl_XX.po into spanish
To: GRASS <grassuser at grass.itc.it>

2006/11/7, Roberto Antolin <roberto at geomatica.como.polimi.it>:
> Hi all,

Hola Roberto

> yesterday night I was looking to make some translation into spanish. I
> saw the grassmods and grasslibs spanish po files, but there isn't any
> grasstcl_es.po file. How can I get o generate it? The first thing I
> thought was taking an existing grasstcl po file and changing its name
> but, is this the best thing to do?

from http://freegis.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/grass6/locale/README?rev=1.29.4.1&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

2. In the locale/ directory, run:

        make pot        creates grass.pot (containing original messages)

        make update-po  merges new messages into existing *.po files

> I think that, for a non english speaker's first approach to GRASS,
> translating grasstcl is more important than translating the other two
> files, don't you think?

Yes, probably. But don't forget grassmods. Grasslibs could be left
untranslated if resources are critical.
--
Paulo Marcondes = PU1/PU2PIX
-22.915 -42.229 = GG87vc (http://www.amsat.org/cgi-bin/gridconv)