[GRASS translations] Re: [GRASS-dev] message standardization on wiki

Gerald Nelson gnelson at uiuc.edu
Wed Apr 11 09:49:07 EDT 2007

More controversially, it would be good if the error message was

a. as descriptive as possible (Instead of just "Cannot read raster row [%d]" say "Cannot read raster row [%d]. End of file reached")

b. followed by suggestions on how to fix the problem (End of file fixed. The file has x rows and y columns but you were trying to read row x+1.)

Jerry