[GRASS-translations] online localization

Nikos Alexandris nikos.alexandris at felis.uni-freiburg.de
Fri Oct 2 11:55:09 EDT 2009

Jan Trochta:

Milena Nowotarska wrote:
> Great.
> But we still need a tool for translation online -  as it states in
> transifex FAQ [1], the translator can take the file and lock it, so
> noone else would take it the same time. Translation need to be done on
> desktop application.

Why is this necessarily a drawback?

I mean, why should a project maintainer needed then if anyone can just
log-in and translate/ modify whatever he likes (like in a wiki)? Or
isn't this meant to be like that?

If so, only a supervisor should be required to check if people do
translate and ban "bad" people.

Instead, why not use e.g. poedit [4] to do locally what has to be done
and update work on-line after a possible cross-checking from at least 2
people and push files to the translation manager (transifex)?

Oh... maybe I miss the essence of all this.
Greets, Nikos

[4] http://www.poedit.net/