Installing GRASS on the Sun Station..

Jim Westervelt westerve at marla.urban.uiuc.edu
Tue Apr 7 12:06:46 EDT 1992

# We followed the instructions for installing GRASS from CD_ROM on
# SUN SPARC. We found out that all the files are linked to GRASS_CD
# directory which is the mount point of the CD_ROM.  However, we
# would like to have the GRASS software to be on the hard disk and not
# linked to CD_ROM.   Any suggestions ?

I believe there is an installation script on the CD_ROM that you run to
install GRASS.  If, as it has been reported to me, this script essentially
creates symbolic links to the GRASS files, you should be able to copy and
modify that installation script to copy rather than linking files.