tiger.info (and Census Feature Class Codes)

John D. Evans jdevans at Athena.MIT.EDU
Tue Apr 21 09:47:27 EDT 1992

In his message to grass-list at amber.cecer.army.mil, Allan B Branscomb
<ALLANB at OREGON.UOREGON.EDU> writes:
> I have one county's TIGER files (type 1 through p) in a directory.  When
> I run tiger.info on the type1 file I get the message "can't find classi-
> fication code support file".

... It sounds like it wants CODESTIG.ASC, the list of Census Feature
Class Codes (CFCC) which describe the type of road or trail (e.g.
"Class 2 road, divided, with median," etc.) for each link.  This file is
in the \DOCUMENT directory on the TIGER CD-ROM.

John Evans                                 "If Oedipus had just been run over
Computer Resource Laboratory,              by a truck, he wouldn't be a
MIT Dept. of Urban Studies & Planning      tragic hero."    -- Gary Dryfoos