3.0 programmers manual

Michael Shapiro shapiro at zorro.cecer.army.mil
Wed Apr 22 10:54:33 EDT 1992

|	I tried to download the progman3.0 manual and print it but only
|got the first 14 pages of what appears to be two hundred or so from the index.
|I wonder if the original copy on the ftp server is corrupted as the file
|is approx 600k which seems rather small for hundreds of pages of postscript.

The file containing the 3.0 programmers manual which is available
ftp  is  doc/3.0.progman/progman3.0.cpio.Z.  This is a compressed
cpio file (about 600K).  You need to uncompress the file and then
run

	cpio -odc < progman3.0.cpio

To extract the postscript version of the manual. If you  do  this
you will get 3 files with the following sizes:

	2868483  doc.ps
	   9776  figures.ps
	  65033  index.ps

You must have cpio on your system. If you don't have  uncompress,
then  just  get  progman3.0.cpio instead of progman3.0.cpio.Z and
out ftp server will uncompress the file as  it  transfers  it  to
you.  And  make  sure  yo have binary mode set before you get the
file.

Of course if you did all this then the problem  really  does  lie
with what is on the ftp site.