Reply from grassu-request@amber.cecer.army.mil

grassu-request at zorro.cecer.army.mil grassu-request at zorro.cecer.army.mil
Mon Apr 27 16:01:01 EDT 1992

Your e-mail address appears to be keith at piked2.agn.uiuc.edu .

You have been subscribed to the grassu mailing list as
keith at piked2.agn.uiuc.edu (David Pike).

Welcome!

For more information, send a HELP request to
grassu-request at amber.cecer.army.mil.

A service of the Office of GRASS Integration,
US Army Corps of Engineers, Construction Engineering Research Lab

to the list and request addresses.

It turned out that:

1) Our hosts table had the out of date IP address for the nameserver.

2) Our resolv.conf file had our host name in front of the domain

     that is, the domain was listed as piked2.agn.uiuc.edu
     when only the domain sfhould be listed (agn.uiuc.edu)
     The sendmail executable automatically adds the host name.

3) also, someone may have changed the login name to Keith Mitchell

So    . . .  this may confuse your list.

The nameserver was getting confused by piked2.piked2.agn.uiuc.edu

Would appreciate it if someone would fix this at CERL.
Our configuration problems are solved now.
My apologies for the inconvenience.

	keith at piked2.agn.uiuc.edu