i.maxlik

Dominique Bachelet dominiq at rice.cor2.epa.gov
Fri Aug 21 11:22:38 EDT 1992

I have been running i.cluster on 3week-avhrr composites for 1988. When running i.maxlik I got this message :

LOCATION: gr                MAXIMUM LIKELIHOOD                MAPSET: china.gvi

SIGNATURE
Enter the signature file to be used for classification
Enter 'list' for a list of existing subgroup [3week] signature files
Enter 'list -f' for a list with titles
Hit RETURN to cancel request
> list
<list>
subgroup [3week] signature files available in mapset china.gvi:
sighu3   sighu3w

Enter the signature file to be used for classification
Enter 'list' for a list of existing subgroup [3week] signature files
Enter 'list -f' for a list with titles
Hit RETURN to cancel request
> sighu3w
<sighu3w>
WARNING: signature 1 is not valid (ill-conditioned)
WARNING: signature 6 is not valid (ill-conditioned)
You may continue, but the invalid signatures will not be used
Continue? (y/n) [n]

Do you know what this means? i.cluster ran without giving me any error message.

Dominique Bachelet
dominiq at heart.cor.epa.gov