d.mon

James A. Farley jim at moray.uark.edu
Tue Aug 25 15:37:33 EDT 1992

> I have just installed GRASS 4.0 on a DEC 5000 and it was surprisingly
> easy, just had to make one code change.  I also loaded the spearfish
> data base so I would have something to play with.  However, when I
> execute GRASS and run d.mon I am told "no known monitors".  So, how
> do I set up a monitor?

You need to edit the $GISBASE/etc/monitorcap file and "turn on" the
monitors you wish to use (ie. uncomment the monitors id'd in the
file). In addition, for the DEC 5000 series you may need to modify
the file $GISBASE/display/devices/XDRIVER/XDRIVER/Graph_Set.c and
make the following change in line 16 (approx)

Change 	#define FONT "9x15"