(1) Desqview X and grass & (2) xgrass

Prasanna Kumar Kondapaneni prasanna at forestry.auburn.edu
Mon Aug 31 15:03:58 EDT 1992

1.  We're trying to run grass on Desqview X (on a PC).  Everything runs fine
except that it can't display raster maps.  It displays vector maps well,
in color.  When we try to display raster maps the monitor dies with an
X Error (major opcode 72 -- XPutImage). (It displays fine on suns). Did
anyone have the same or similar peroblem before ?

2.  Does the current version of xgrass read the monitor names from
.../etc/monitorcap?  I have changed the names of monitors in that file,
but xgrass still displays the names as x0, x1, etc!

Thanks in advance,

Prasanna