Help with rectifications

Steve Franklin franklin at ug.cs.dal.ca
Fri Dec 11 12:27:51 EST 1992

We are working with digitized aerial photos that span approxamately 50 year
at 5-10 year intervals. After rectifying these images to one another, we
digitize the respective coastlines, and then analyze and interpret the
regression patterns. However, some of the clarity of the coastline is lost
during the process of rubber-sheeting or rectification. Consequently, an
image that begins at 800 dpi will be less identifiable after rectification.
   Because of this, we had the notion to digitize the coastlines prior to
rectification using v.digit to input the coast. THen, we would like to
rectify the vector and the raster together. Unfortunately, i.rectify
apparently will only manipulate raster images, and excludes any other forms
of geographically referenced data. Are there any suggestions you can put
forward? We could do a v.to.rast to convert the vector to a raster and
rectify that, but then of course, future alterations of the vector would
mean coming back to the pre-rectified image.
   Puzzledly yours,
Steve Franklin

--
aasdSteveFranklin-Subliminal Psychology Major.ks;dlasBlueJaysRULEkasdfeahsdbfl
sd;lfaswoq[eBuyMeAQuadra!!!mbnZMXCNdfsba;KdSPAMiuroqiyetIBMSuxiweuryth'ewr;mxn